The Foundation's area of benefit is within Scarborough Borough, Redcar and Cleveland Borough and the North York Moors National Park. Our first grant giving programme sought to support projects that were closer to Sirius Minerals’ current and future construction sites.
The Foundation’s articles of association do provide some flexibility in where it will support community projects. We may use a small proportion of the funds for the projects that are outside the area of benefit but still meet the funding criteria within the Foundation objectives.
Our objectives are to:
- Advance education, including supporting projects and training that benefit people by enhancing their skills;
- Promote the general health of the community;
- Advance environmental protection and improvement including the enhancing of the local landscape;
- Provide and improve facilities in the interests of social welfare and leisure time with the aim to improve residents' well-being;
- Help gain skills to those in need, because of financial hardship by being out-of-work, particularly the long-term unemployed.