Children and Young People Time Together
Open Grant Round
We are currently accepting applications for activities that build relationships between children and young people and give them time together. We would love communities and organisations to talk to their children and young people and find out how they would chose to spend time together having fun or doing something uplifting with their friends or peers – and then apply for funding from the Foundation to make it happen.
This grant round will see the Foundation spend up to £200,000 across Scarborough Borough, the North York Moors National Park and Redcar and Cleveland. Organisations can apply for grants of between £500 and £4,000. If you are a charity that is an umbrella organisation for multiple groups you can apply for a potentially larger grant to allow for each group at a separate location to benefit. Please contact us for a discussion before you start your application.
Please note schools and associated school bodies are not able to apply to this grant round.
Example of activity that could be funded:
- Activities that give children and young people the opportunity to learn a new skills or have a new experience.
- Informal learning opportunities provided through socialising with their friends or peers which might include one off events or a series of activities.
- Events or activities that you cannot normally offer your children and young people because you do not have funding available.
- Opportunities for children and young people who cannot travel to have something fun come to them.
- Support costs for a child or young person to be able to access the opportunity you wish us to fund.
How to apply
- We would prefer to see programmes of activities rather than one off events, especially when they are structured to build longer term connections between children and young people. However, we are not ruling out one off events or activities – the priority is to build relationships between children and young people and give them time together.
- This grant round will close at 12pm on Sunday 31st October 2021. Groups will be notified of the outcome by 10th December 2021. Funds must be spent by end of December 2022.
- Before applying please read the application criteria, available here.
- Application forms for this round can be found here.
- If you would like to have a look at the monitoring form that you will be asked to complete at the end of your project please click here. This is for information only at the application stage and should not be sent back with your application form.
Groups are encouraged to contact the Foundation to have an informal chat to discuss their application if they are not sure it fits the criteria for this funding round.
Call Leah Swain on 07724 832982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need support to develop your project idea or write an application then please get in touch with your local support organisations below.
For organisations in Scarborough Borough and the North York Moors National Park:
01904 704177 or email@example.com
For organisations in Redcar and Cleveland:
01642 440571 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sirius Minerals Foundation is a charity registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales.
Charity number: 1163127